Wednesday, July 22, 2009

D/B9

I am very happy with the course as of now. I think it was a very good idea to have us set up our own blogs in order to do reflections and post our other tasks. I found it pretty easy to figure out how to set up a blog and post various stuff within the blog. I do however think there is much more I could be doing with the blog, but discovering those will be fun, too. I was pretty familiar with uploading and posting pictures and videos, thanks to my wife. Having two little girls and family that is over and hour away makes pictures very important to the grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I would really like to continue to learn more about blogs and all their possibilities because I think having a class blog would be fun and beneficial for my students and their parents. So I will definitely be utilizing blogs for my classes.

Another thing that I am very glad I was introduced to was the RSS Reader. Using that is such a time saver. Being able to go to one site and getting all the new and up to date information is great. I will definitely use this for my personal use, however, I'm not sure about how I'm going to use it in my class yet. Now the absolute best thing I am going to take from this class (so far) is the idea of social bookmarking. I love this. I like the fact that if you bookmark a site, it shows you who else has bookmarked it, and, you can see the other sites that they thought important enough to bookmark. I am constantly looking for new sites to help supplement into my teaching, and with social bookmarking, it kind of helps narrow my searches for me.

I really haven't been frustrated at all with the technology based assignments. For the most part I think the assignments have been fairly easy to figure out. Also, if I would have a problem, I like how it is easy enough to get help through classmates and the instructor. I have enjoyed this class so far, and think this is a great place to start in this masters program. The only thing that I haven't liked were a few of the reading assignments in the text. A couple of the chapters were quite hard to read and comprehend, and were a little dry. Other than that, I am real happy with the class as a whole.

2 comments:

  1. Do you see social bookmarking as a tool that you value for YOURSELF or really for the SOCIAL aspect? So far, I'm taking advantage of the features, but I think talking a bunch of teachers into setting up accounts and sharing with me might be a hurdle. :) -Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I found the tech stuff more difficult I am very pleased with this class too. I can see a lot of things to use this next school year.

    ReplyDelete